Visa Information

The details below are taken from the website of The Egyptian Consulate to the UK and is for reference only

  • Nationals from UK , EU and USA travelling to Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba and Taba resorts ONLY, for a maximum of 15 DAYS, do not require a visa prior to travelling as a free entry permission stamp will be granted upon arrival. If they intend to travel outside of the above mentioned areas they MUST obtain a Visa.
  • Nationals from (Arab countries) are advised to contact the Consulate General before applying for the visa in order to confirm the required documentation.
  • For The following nationalities and holders of Travel Documents, please see Section I: Iran, Tunisia, Somalia, Morocco, Algeria, Lebanon, Iraq, Palestine, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Sudan (non residents in the UK), Djibouti, Mauritania, Comoros, Burundi, Rwanda, Liberia, Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Mali, Niger, Chad, Israel, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Moldova, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Myanmar.
  • In addition to UK and EU nationals, citizens of the following countries can obtain visa upon arrival at any of the Egyptian ports of entry: Australia, Canada, Croatia, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Macedonia, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Serbia, Ukraine and USA.
  • Chinese students can obtain a single entry tourist visa provided that the following requirements are met:
    • All the ordinary requirements for applying for a visa to Egypt (check the sections for ‘applying for visa in person or by post‘)
    • A letter from a recognized UK University addressed to the Egyptian Consulate General, stating duration of enrolment.
    • Return flight ticket.
    • Minimum of 6 months validity on UK student visa.
  • Malaysian nationals
    Malaysian nationals can stay in Egypt for up to two weeks without a visa. If their stay exceeds two weeks, the usual requirements apply.
  • Any nationality that is not mentioned above, requires a visa prior to travel.
  • Business Visa
    Business visa are needed for conferences, seminars and courses.